WHAT IS ROTATIONAL MOULDING?
Rotapro's Rotational Plastic Moulding (also known as Rotomoulding) is a type of plastics manufacturing that offers significant benefits and superior results when compared with other forms of manufacture.
The process involves:
• Creating a hollow mould from the initial product concept;
• Adding the correct amount and type of powdered plastic into the moulds;
• Slowly rotating the moulds 360 degrees, and heating at high temperatures in our ovens to melt and form the product;
• Allowing the plastic to cool in the mould; and
• Removing the cooled product from the mould.
1 | Moulds are opened and cleared
2 | Any fittings or accessories are added.
3 | The correct amount of powered plastic is added to the mould
4 | Moulds are locked and prepared.
5 | The moulds are heated and rotated in the ovens to melt the plastic and coat the moulds
6 | The moulds are cooled in preparation for product removal
7 | Moulds are carefully opened
8 | The finished product is released from the mould
WHY CHOOSE ROTATIONAL MOULDING FOR YOUR PROJECT?
• Can produce complex shapes;
• Cost-effective tooling;
• Flexible production volumes, efficient for small or large production runs;
• Durable, strong, stress-free products;
• High-impact strength;
• Uniform wall thickness with stronger corners, which increases parts strength and integrity;
• Heavy-duty parts, while not compromising on style and finish;
• Small parts from 100 grams to large parts 250 kilo plus;
• Diverse range and types of materials, including vibrant modern colours and special effects;
• UV-stabilised, chemical-resistant, flame-retardant and food grade standard material; and
• Moulding can include permanent graphics, embossed engravings and various metal fittings, threads and spin-welded fittings.